Â Â Locksmith Tips and Tricks
Â Â Â (09774134433) or 02 88995261
- ON NEW HOMES.Â Always rekey or replace your locks when you buy a new house. The previous owner could have extra copies of the keys, or they could have given spare keys to neighbors, family members, friends, or even contractors. If you donât want strangers to have access to your home, you need to replace your locks (the pricier, more complicated method) or rekey your locks (which is quicker and cheaper). To learn more about replacing/rekeying your homeâs locks, check out this previous blog post.
- ON DEADBOLTS.Â Install a deadbolt lock for superior home protection, but make sure that itâs installed correctly. Many contractors donât know how to install locks the right way, so call a locksmith for best results.
- ON WINDOWS AND LOCKS.Â If there is a window near your deadbolt lock, realize that a criminal could easily break your window and unlock the deadbolt. To avoid this simple mistake, use a double cylinder lock that needs a key instead. And donât leave the key sitting in the lock!
- ON HIRING.Â Looking to hire a new locksmith? Take your time. Many âlocksmithsâ out there are scam artists who will charge you far more than they quoted and far more than the service is worth. You need to find someone trustworthy, reliable, and experienced, so donât call up the first name you see in the yellow pages. Use our tips to find a locksmith you can trust.
- ON STURDY DOORS.Â Use sturdy, solid doors made of solid wood or steel. If the door is made of a weak, flimsy, or hollow material, it can easily be kicked in or broken. A great lock needs a great door.
- ON HIDING PLACES.Â Never hide your door key under the mat! Do you really think youâre the first person to think of that hiding place? If a criminal wants to access your home, they will usually search obvious places in the 10 feet surrounding your door. Doormats, pots, planters, mailboxes, rocks, and fake rocks are all common hiding places. Choose somewhere 15-20 feet away from the door that is unusual and protective instead. Or better yet, give your spare key to a friend or loyal neighbor!
I hope these locksmith tips and tricks come in handy. Be sure to share them with any new homeowners you know, as well as your friends and loved ones.
If youâre in need of a locksmith andÂ you live in or near Metro Manila , contact 5 ACES Â Since 2014 weâve been providing the Springfield area with a variety of locksmith services, including mobile service, automotive replacement keys, commercial and residential re-keying, the change and installation of locks, and ignition service and repair. So if youâre in a jam, give us a call at (02) 8995261Â orÂ Â contact us online. We would be happy to help!